The music of Quarryland Men’s Chorus gives voice to what matters in our lives as LGBT people and allies. Through our concerts and numerous community performances, we share the powerful messages of our music and inspire people from all walks of life to speak up for what matters in today’s continued struggle for equal rights. Perhaps even more importantly, this ever-growing community of supporters helps us advance our important mission across the region.
Performances & Events
- Saturday, April 29 and Sunday, April 30: Season 15, Celebrate!, our Ruby Anniversary. Spring concert, Celebration, is April 29, 2017 at 7:30pm and April 30, 2017 at 3pm. Tickets.
- April 7, 2017: Quarryland’s team raises over $4,000 for the Southern Indiana AIDS Walk. Top fundraisers included chorus founder and historian, Jim Johnson, and chorus president, Robert Ping-Slater.
- April, 2017: QMC has an 18′ display in Bloomington’s City Hall!
- Thursday, March 2, 2017: 2nd Annual Cabaret and Cabernet! Our biggest affair ever. Thank you – we raised over $3,400 for QMC programming!
- Friday, January 27: Quarryland debuts a new musical selection by Eric Layne Barnes about restrooms at the Bloomington PRIDE Film Festival
- Friday, January 27: QMC performs for the Indiana University GLBTAlumni Association reception.
- Monday, January 9: Spring Auditions! Learn more here.
- Saturday, December 17 and Sunday December 18: Season 15, Celebrate!, our Ruby Anniversary. Winter concert, Traditions, was December 17, 2016 at 7:30pm and December 18, 2016 at 3pm.
- Sunday, December 4, 10:45am: QMC thanks First United Church by performing during their Sunday service.
- Thursday, December 1, 6-7pm: World AIDS Day Program, The Church Within, 1125 Spruce St, Indianapolis, IN.
- Wednesday, November 30, 6-7:30pm: Bloomington World AIDS Day Ceremony and Remembrance Celebration, Fountain Square Ballroom, downtown, Bloomington.
- Monday, August 29, 2016, 6-7:30pm and 9:30-10pm: Quarryland welcomes all men / transmen to audition to become Performing Members. All genders are welcome to join as Off Stage Members. Join.
- Monday, August 22, 2016, 7-10pm: Quarryland Open House. QMC welcomes all to come learn some chorus history, celebrate our Season 14 accomplishments, and catch a glimpse of Season 15
- Monday, August 2, 2016: Season 15, Celebrate!, our ruby anniversary rehearsals begin. All welcome.
- July 2-6, 2016: Quarryland performs at the GALA Festival 2016 – our second GALA appearance http://galachoruses.org/events/gala-festival Or see our GALA introduction video here.
- Saturday-Sunday, June 18-19, 2016: Quarryland performs with the Cincinnati Men’s Chorus in Cincinnati at Christ Church Cathedral. QMC performs their GALA Festival 2016 set in addition to numbers with Cincinnati at 8pm and 2pm respectively.
- Saturday, June 11, 2016: Supports Circle City PRIDE with a booth in Indianapolis
- Saturday, June 4, 2016: Celebrates 10 years of PRIDE in Spencer, IN
- Saturday-Sunday, April 30 & May 1, 2016: Quarryland performs their Spring concert, Why We Sing, 7:30pm and 3:00pm respectively, joined by the Cincinnati Men’s Chorus, at First United Church, 2420 E 3rd St. Reception provided by Blu Boy Cafe & Cakery!
Season 14, SING OUT! was sponsored by Oliver Winery.
Spring Concert 2016, Why We Sing, was sponsored by BLU Boy Chocolate Cafe & Cakery and Blade + Board Catering.
- Saturday, April 22, 2016: Team Quarryland raises over $3,000 and is the top fundraising team for the Bloomington AIDS Walk, benefiting Positive Link.
- Friday, March 4, 2016, 7-9pm: Quarryland teams up with area talent and other GALA choruses’ members for Cabaret and Cabernet at Oliver Winery.
Friday, January 29, 2016: QMC performs between films for the Bloomington PRIDE Film Festival.
- Friday, January 29, 2016: Quarryland performs for the IU GLBT Alumni Association reception.
- Saturday, January 16, 2016: QMC members perform for Dolly Parton’s 70th Birthday Celebration to benefit http://angelsanddoves.com, an anti-bullying organization.
- Monday, January 11, 2016, 6-7:30pm and 9:30-10pm: Quarryland welcomes all men / transmen to audition to become Performing Members. All genders are welcome to join as Off Stage Members. Join.
- Saturday-Sunday, December 5-6, 2015: Quarryland performs their winter concert, Sing the Season, 7:30pm and 3:00pm respectively at First United Church, 2420 E 3rd St. Reception provided by Blu Boy Cafe & Cakery!
- November and December: Quarryland members volunteer for the WTIU and WFIU pledge-drives, answering calls and taking pledges for local radio/tv programming.
- Monday, November 30, 2015: Quarryland performs at Fountain Square Ballroom as part of Community Aids Action Group of South Central Indiana’s: World AIDS Day Ceremony of Celebration and Remembrance.
- Sunday, October 11, 2015: Quarryland sings as a thank you to the First United Church for being a wonderful host for concert, social, and rehearsal space; during the 10:45am worship service.
- Sunday, September 20, 2015: Quarryland sings the national anthem for IU soccer game
- Saturday, August 29, 2015: Quarryland leads the Bloomington PRIDE Summerfest Parade in song and kicks-off Summerfest on the main-stage at 2:30pm
- Monday, August 24, 2015: Quarryland kicks off Season 14, SING OUT!, with an Open House at First United Church, 2420 E 3rd St, 7-9:30pm
- Friday, August 21, 2015: Quarryland has a table at the IU 7th St. Block Party
- Thursday, August 20, 2015: Quarryland joins Bloomington PRIDE and the IU GLBTASS office in the rainbow tent at IU CultureFest
- Saturday, August 15, 2015: Quarryland has table at Bloomington Volunteer Network Fair at the Farmer’s Market
- Wednesday, August 12, 2015: Quarryland has table at IU RPS Resource Fair
- Monday, August 3, 2015: Quarryland performing members resume rehearsals.
- Saturday, June 13, 2015: Quarryland has a booth at the Circle City PRIDE (Indianapolis) Festival.
- See more Chorus History!