The music of Quarryland Men’s Chorus gives voice to what matters in our lives as LGBT people and allies. Through our concerts and numerous community performances, we share the powerful messages of our music and inspire people from all walks of life to speak up for what matters in today’s continued struggle for equal rights. Perhaps even more importantly, this ever-growing community of supporters helps us advance our important mission across the region.
Performances & Events
- Saturday, April 28 at 7:30pm & Sunday, April 29 at 3pm: QMC Spring Concert, Voices Rising
“Music can change the World because it can change people” (Bono).
Changing hearts through voice and music has been critical to the mission of the Quarryland Men’s Chorus. The spring 2018 concert, “Voices Rising” is a continuation of that legacy and features a number of pieces that speak to using voice as a rallying cry including “I Sing Out,” “Born This Way,” “Here’s Where I Stand,” and a recent arrangement of “This Is Me” from the film The Greatest Showman. The concert also features a central anthem “We Have Been Changed.” Artistic Director Barry Magee, in his last concert as AD, has also selected some personal favorites including the chorus’s commissioned arrangement of Hoagy Carmicheal’s “In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening” and “Carrickfergus”.After 16 seasons, QMC’s front-man Barry Magee has chosen to retire as Artistic Director and will join the ranks of singers for Season 17. The new Artistic Director will be announced during the concert and there will be much reminiscing about the past 16 wonderful seasons during the BLU Boy Chocolate Café and Cakery reception afterward.
Come raise your voice with Quarryland! A ticket will entitle you to select your own seat inside either the standard or the premium section, based on your ticket type. If tickets have not sold out, they will be available for sale at the door to the event by cash, check, or credit card, and a limited number of discounted seats in the balcony will be available for $10 at the door on the day of each show. Doors will open one half-hour prior to each show. Order tickets now.
- Sunday, March 11, 4-5pm EDT: Quarryland Outreach Concert in Evansville.
- Saturday, March 10, 4:30-6pm EST: Open Rehearsal with Quarryland in Evansville. Outreach to the Evansville community to help raise interest for starting a new LGBTQ+ chorus in their area.
- Sunday, March 4, 6:30-8:30pm: The 3rd Annual Cabaret and Cabernet!
- Monday, January 29, 6-10pm: Spring auditions
- Sunday, November 19, 7pm: Quarryland’s winter concert, Walking Together, with Sylvia McNair, Bloomington Mayor John Hamilton, and a special Bloomington premier of Tyler’s Suite. See the full press-release here. Buskirk-Chumley Theatre on Kirkwood Ave.
- Nov 14-16: QMC is a sponsor helping to bring the AIDS Memorial Quilt Display to IU. November 14-16 you can see the quilt panels in the Indiana Memorial Union Alumni Hall.
- Sunday, October 22: Quarryland Men’s Chorus is a sponsor of the Out of the Darkness Walk (October 22 at IU Memorial Stadium), a benefit for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – which is one of the topics covered by our November 19th concert. Click here to join our team, donate to the cause, or see more details.
- Sunday, October 8, 10:45am: Quarryland performs at the First United Church morning service as a thank-you to the congregation for hosting us in their home!
- Monday, August 28, 6-10pm: Quarryland Auditions (before and after rehearsal which is 7:30-9:30pm). No appt necessary – just show up ready to sing!
- Saturday, August 26 @3pm: Quarryland opens the main stage of Bloomington Pridefest with song! Between Walnut and Lincoln St. on Kirkwood Ave. Visit our booth in front of CVS too!
- Saturday, April 29 and Sunday, April 30: Season 15, Celebrate!, our Ruby Anniversary. Spring concert, Celebration, is April 29, 2017 at 7:30pm and April 30, 2017 at 3pm.
- April 7, 2017: Quarryland’s team raises over $4,000 for the Southern Indiana AIDS Walk. Top fundraisers included chorus founder and historian, Jim Johnson, and chorus president, Robert Ping-Slater.
- April, 2017: QMC has an 18′ display in Bloomington’s City Hall!
- Thursday, March 2, 2017: 2nd Annual Cabaret and Cabernet! Our biggest affair ever. Thank you – we raised over $3,400 for QMC programming!
- Friday, January 27: Quarryland debuts a new musical selection by Eric Layne Barnes about restrooms at the Bloomington PRIDE Film Festival
- Friday, January 27: QMC performs for the Indiana University GLBTAlumni Association reception.
- Monday, January 9: Spring Auditions! Learn more here.
- Saturday, December 17 and Sunday December 18: Season 15, Celebrate!, our Ruby Anniversary. Winter concert, Traditions, was December 17, 2016 at 7:30pm and December 18, 2016 at 3pm.
- Sunday, December 4, 10:45am: QMC thanks First United Church by performing during their Sunday service.
- Thursday, December 1, 6-7pm: World AIDS Day Program, The Church Within, 1125 Spruce St, Indianapolis, IN.
- Wednesday, November 30, 6-7:30pm: Bloomington World AIDS Day Ceremony and Remembrance Celebration, Fountain Square Ballroom, downtown, Bloomington.
- Monday, August 29, 2016, 6-7:30pm and 9:30-10pm: Quarryland welcomes all men / transmen to audition to become Performing Members. All genders are welcome to join as Off Stage Members. Join.
- Monday, August 22, 2016, 7-10pm: Quarryland Open House. QMC welcomes all to come learn some chorus history, celebrate our Season 14 accomplishments, and catch a glimpse of Season 15
- Monday, August 2, 2016: Season 15, Celebrate!, our ruby anniversary rehearsals begin. All welcome.
- July 2-6, 2016: Quarryland performs at the GALA Festival 2016 – our second GALA appearance http://galachoruses.org/events/gala-festival Or see our GALA introduction video here.
- Saturday-Sunday, June 18-19, 2016: Quarryland performs with the Cincinnati Men’s Chorus in Cincinnati at Christ Church Cathedral. QMC performs their GALA Festival 2016 set in addition to numbers with Cincinnati at 8pm and 2pm respectively.
- Saturday, June 11, 2016: Supports Circle City PRIDE with a booth in Indianapolis
- Saturday, June 4, 2016: Celebrates 10 years of PRIDE in Spencer, IN
- Saturday-Sunday, April 30 & May 1, 2016: Quarryland performs their Spring concert, Why We Sing, 7:30pm and 3:00pm respectively, joined by the Cincinnati Men’s Chorus, at First United Church, 2420 E 3rd St. Reception provided by Blu Boy Cafe & Cakery!
Season 14, SING OUT! was sponsored by Oliver Winery.
Spring Concert 2016, Why We Sing, was sponsored by BLU Boy Chocolate Cafe & Cakery and Blade + Board Catering.
- Saturday, April 22, 2016: Team Quarryland raises over $3,000 and is the top fundraising team for the Bloomington AIDS Walk, benefiting Positive Link.
- Friday, March 4, 2016, 7-9pm: Quarryland teams up with area talent and other GALA choruses’ members for Cabaret and Cabernet at Oliver Winery.
Friday, January 29, 2016: QMC performs between films for the Bloomington PRIDE Film Festival.
- Friday, January 29, 2016: Quarryland performs for the IU GLBT Alumni Association reception.
- Saturday, January 16, 2016: QMC members perform for Dolly Parton’s 70th Birthday Celebration to benefit http://angelsanddoves.com, an anti-bullying organization.
- Monday, January 11, 2016, 6-7:30pm and 9:30-10pm: Quarryland welcomes all men / transmen to audition to become Performing Members. All genders are welcome to join as Off Stage Members. Join.
- Saturday-Sunday, December 5-6, 2015: Quarryland performs their winter concert, Sing the Season, 7:30pm and 3:00pm respectively at First United Church, 2420 E 3rd St. Reception provided by Blu Boy Cafe & Cakery!
- November and December: Quarryland members volunteer for the WTIU and WFIU pledge-drives, answering calls and taking pledges for local radio/tv programming.
- Monday, November 30, 2015: Quarryland performs at Fountain Square Ballroom as part of Community Aids Action Group of South Central Indiana’s: World AIDS Day Ceremony of Celebration and Remembrance.
- Sunday, October 11, 2015: Quarryland sings as a thank you to the First United Church for being a wonderful host for concert, social, and rehearsal space; during the 10:45am worship service.
- Sunday, September 20, 2015: Quarryland sings the national anthem for IU soccer game
- Saturday, August 29, 2015: Quarryland leads the Bloomington PRIDE Summerfest Parade in song and kicks-off Summerfest on the main-stage at 2:30pm
- Monday, August 24, 2015: Quarryland kicks off Season 14, SING OUT!, with an Open House at First United Church, 2420 E 3rd St, 7-9:30pm
- Friday, August 21, 2015: Quarryland has a table at the IU 7th St. Block Party
- Thursday, August 20, 2015: Quarryland joins Bloomington PRIDE and the IU GLBTASS office in the rainbow tent at IU CultureFest
- Saturday, August 15, 2015: Quarryland has table at Bloomington Volunteer Network Fair at the Farmer’s Market
- Wednesday, August 12, 2015: Quarryland has table at IU RPS Resource Fair
- Monday, August 3, 2015: Quarryland performing members resume rehearsals.
- Saturday, June 13, 2015: Quarryland has a booth at the Circle City PRIDE (Indianapolis) Festival.
- See more Chorus History!